We have over 18 years of experience in data analytics and business intelligence technologies in sectors ranging from:
- Financial Services (Investment Banking & Asset Management)
- Big 4 Audit, Tax and Advisory
- Media and Publishing
- Shipping and Logistics
We offer expertise in:
- Dashboard, Reporting and Visualization Tools (Tableau, SSRS, Power BI etc…)
- ETL Data Imports and Exports (Alteryx, SSIS, Informatica, Proprietary Tools etc…)
- RDBMS Technologies (MS SQL Server, DB2 & Sybase)
- Data Cleansing, Data Governance, MDM and data management best practices
- SQL Performance Tuning
- Project Management – PMI PMP Certified Professionals, PMBOK, Agile methodologies, Agile Data Load Development
- Big Data, Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie etc … Cloudera CDH5 Certified Developers
- Powershell, Perl, .Net and Java.
- Automated ETL data loads, SQL Agent, Oozie, Autosys, JAMS etc ..
We believe in collaborating with our clients as partners to clearly delineate their technology requirements and transform them into IT systems that deliver value.
We adopt an agile approach where we deliver incremental usable pieces of software in short sprints. This enables sponsors to see what we are building, assess its value and to ultimately provide approval or guidance to advance product development. This approach allows us to iterate faster which leads to a higher quality product in less time.
We believe in leading by example and have motivated teams by cultivating an attitude of support and success. We believe in thorough documentation, solid unit testing and build automation. When clients observe our approach, we find they also embrace these best practices.
This is an exciting time to be in the data and analytics space.
With the rapidly evolving landscape of the hadoop ecosystem and no sql trends, it is essential to stay current with these technologies. We believe there is not a single “best” technology for delivering an excellent Data and Analytics platform. Today’s most successful solutions are created using the proper tool(s) for each requirement. This could be MS SQL Server 2014 as your OLTP, with a Vertica MPP data warehouse for ad hoc and real time querying and complemented by Hadoop and Hive batch ETL to crunch the firm’s big data and serve it up to rich Tableau Data Visualizations.
Having a passion for data and analytics tools allows us to stay abreast of the latest developments so that we may continue to deliver the best possible solutions for our clients.